I think I may have a problem… I think I’m addicted to Gü puddings!
It doesn’t help that they have been on offer all week or that every single flavour is absolutely UNREAL. I can’t even pick a favourite: salted caramel, millionaires cheesecake, lemon cheesecake, key lime pie – they’re all just so good.
So you get the message, I love these goddamn puds! Which means I have loads (over 30) of the glass ramekins stacked up in my kitchen – I told you it was bad. I thought about throwing some of them away as it was getting a bit excessive. But then I started to do a bit of Pinterest research and I was inspired to repurpose my pots in lots of creative ways. Here are some of my favourite ideas…
- SUGAR JAR – These little guys are amazing if you have a few people over and you don’t know who takes sugar and who doesn’t, just fill up the pot and leave people to do their own (maybe I’m just a lazy host).
- NUTS – These jars are also great for popping nibbles together like nuts (my fave) or dips for Dorritos for those Netflix and Sky box-set marathons – I’m currently obsessed with The Affair!
- OLIVES – If you’re extra fancy you can put buffet style nibbles like olives or cheese and pineapple cocktail sticks in these little jars to look super sophisticated at your next shindig.
- CANDLE HOLDERS – Some people actually pour candle wax into the pots so they look like shop bought candles, but I just pop tea lights in them. They look so nice dotted outside on a warm evening or around the house in winter. Is it bad that I try to combat putting the heating on by lighting about 20 candles in these little jars? 🙂
- FLOWER VASE – These shallow dainty glass pots look beautiful with a sprinkling of flowers on top. I did this when one of my Gerbera heads fell off a bunch of flowers Joe bought me and it looked so pretty. I also love the idea of using a handful of wild flowers like these beauties.
- STATIONARY STORAGE – I’ve actually put a few of these on my desk filled with paper clips and pins and they make my desk look really neat and tidy, plus they are super accessible.
- FRUIT POTS – Ok, this is kind of similar to the olives nibbles idea, but the bright red cherries just look so pretty and striking in this picture that I had to include them as an additional point.
- SWEETIES – Great size for portion control! If you’re trying to be good theses jars force you to limit yourself. I always pour sweets or treats into these jars when my 3 year old niece comes to visit (mainly because I’m selfish and don’t want her scoffing the whole bag!).
- SEWING KIT – I mean who even has a sewing kit nowadays? Just chuck your spare ribbon and those mini sewing kits from your Christmas crackers into one of these glass ramekins.
- BAKING PREP – I don’t really bake. I like the idea of it and love Bake Off, but the reality is I’m lazy and I burn everything. However, if I did bake or if I come to glazing a homemade pie I will definitely be mixing my egg in one of these.
- JUNK COLLECTOR – You know all those small toys or bits and bobs you have lying around the house – particularly if you have kids (yes I’m thinking Happy Meals junk… I mean toys)? Well now you shove them in a jar and hide them on a shelf somewhere to save painful foot injuries.
- PAINTING – This is so much better then staining your best tumbler glasses. If you’re every trying your hand at some arts and crafts or a bit of watercolour then use these jars for your paints and water.
- EXTRA FOOD – This one actually is so practical. You know when you have a pointless amount of beans left, you feel guilty throwing them away, but you don’t want to mucky up a whole bowl? Use a Gü pot. Problem solved.
- GROW A PLANT – Become a botanist by using the glass jars as super sweet plant pots. I love this idea, particularly for mini cactus collections or if you want to recreate your youth and grow cress in cotton wool.
- MAKE YOUR OWN PUDS – Of course if you do fancy yourself as a bit of a baker you could make your desserts. Like mini-crumbles or mousses to die for, you’ll look ultra posh. If only I could make something that looks this good, mmmm, this has to be the ultimate food porn or an advert for M&S…
Am I the only one that has a borderline hoarding collection of Gü jars? Or have I missed another ingenious idea? Let me know!
Images all taken from Pinterest